Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Beauty through a Man's eyes - Teague Tyloch

I already posted this on the facebook a few weeks ago, this was just so amazing I feel it needs a rightful place on the blog.

Teague Tyloch was so kind and happy to oblige when I asked him if he was willing to write about his views on beauty in a woman. I bring you the first rendition of "Beauty through a man's eyes." Enjoy!

Working on a car; taking it apart, seeing all of its pumps, filters, manifolds and belts strewn across the drive way. Aching hands, aching back; blood, sweat, and grease melting off my face and praying that I didn’t miss a bolt on the water pump as I go on to the fan. When the driveway is finally clean and the car in once piece, I crawl into the RX-7, foot on the clutch, key in the ignition.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what is about to happen next is true Beauty to me: My beloved pokes her head around the open hood and shouts, “The belt’s tight! Start her up!” and I turn the key. The engine turns for a few seconds and then comes to life. The beautiful rumble of an engine that hasn’t moved in a week, the thick smoke pouring out of the exhaust and filling my nose with the rich smell of burning fuel and oil- that is beautiful to me. What is truly Beautiful though is my beloved, covered in blood, sweat and grease, just like me. She is my team mate, my partner in crime, and she is absolutely thrilled that the car is alive again.

I find that truly Beautiful moments happen when a woman doesn’t even realize she is being beautiful at all. Children, I think are especially susceptible to being truly Beautiful. Most children are more worried about, “Where does the top half of your head go when you put that hat on”? Rather than what should I wear to impress the bejesus out of Donny today? As girls mature into teenagers, they know that they are beautiful, and they try to be beautiful… and in my humble opinion, often times fail.

And then, something awesome happens: Women mature. They find passions in life. They fall in love with dance, motherhood, sports, medicine, archeology, anthropology, cosmetology, astrology, cycling, the ocean, botany, working out, working on cars… They find their passion in life and they become truly happy again. When they are truly happy, women just beam with true Beauty.

Beauty is a 26 year old woman covered in grease on my driveway waving a wrench in the air- A 6 year old’s first trip to the beach and feeling sand crabs tickling her palm in a hand full of mud- a 55 year old woman meeting her first grandchild- a 4 year old riding her bicycle for the first time- a 22 year old riding a horse for the first time- a 65 year old going sky diving for the first time. Beauty is not lipstick, dresses or shoes; it’s when you are being purely you.




-
Teague Tyloch













2 comments:

  1. If only everyone... Men, women and teenagers looked at things like this! I like the way he thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the privilege of dating this man, and I can honestly say he is just as amazing in person. I tip my hat to you Mr. Tyloch. Bravo for sticking to your guns and being the different one!

    ReplyDelete