Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Makeup: Who needs it?

So this article was shared with me on the facebook page a couple weeks ago and I was uplifted to see that these high school girls really got what it means to be beautiful. They decided against wearing makeup every Tuesday to show what real beauty is. My friend told me I should ask people to send in photos of themselves au natural to showcase this very thing. I however want to take it a step further. 30 days, no makeup. I don't believe it makes a girl any more beautiful. Actually I believe that in most cases girls wear too much and it detracts from their beauty. Sure, for me, I guess it's not a huge jump to not wear make up for a month since I rarely wear make up as it is, the occasional mascara, blush and concealer to hide mommy dark circles but when I do wear the make up it's because I am feeling self conscious. I tend to edit out pimples in photos, smooth a bit, etc. I am guilty of doing things that I otherwise hate when photographers overdo in post processing when it comes to myself and photos I post of myself. For the next 30 days I will be sharing a photo of myself, non retouched and natural. We need to stop "editing" ourselves. Makeup can be a huge crutch to most women…and even some men. I encourage you to join in with me and challenge yourself. If you would like to send in a photo or even do the 30 day challenge with me please by all means! Email your submissions to projectcb (at) yahoo (dot) com. The world needs to see real, unadulterated beauty.
*you can click to view large
Peace, love and beauty.
Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many guys say that they hate when girls wear too much makeup. It does take away from who the girl really is. Beauty isn't a face full of makeup, so what if you have a blemish? Chances are, you're the only one that sees it. We tend to be our toughest critics. We nit pick about the little things. We need to stand back and love ourselves because that breeds confidence and that confidence and smile is what makes us beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just submitted an image to this project. I think it's fabulous. The greatest gift we can give ourselves is to LOVE ourselves exactly how we are RIGHT NOW! those moments are fleeting and few and far between sometimes, but if you just take a second to breathe deep and smile at yerself...you'd be amazed at the feeling of confidence you will get to experience. :D

    ReplyDelete